Godminster Oak-Smoked Vintage Organic Cheddar
Godminster Oak-Smoked Vintage Organic Cheddar is made from the same cheddar that we use for our waxed variety, which is matured for up to 12 months.
The cheese is naturally smoked over oak chippings which are sourced from sustainable woodlands.
The cheddar has a rich depth of flavour and the smokiness is evenly balanced with the acidity of the cheddar. The texture is smooth and creamy with some salt crystals present. Our cheese is certified as organic by the Soil Association and as such contains no preservatives. The cheddar requires storage in a fridge but to enjoy it at its optimum we recommend that it is removed from the refrigerator 1 hour before serving to bring it up to room temperature.
- Gold Award at the World Cheese Awards 2018
- Two Stars at the Great Taste Awards 2018
- Bronze Award at the International Cheese Awards 2018
- Silver Award at the British Cheese Awards 2017
- Gold Award at the International Cheese Awards 2015
- 2 x Gold Awards at the International Cheese Awards 2014
- Matured for up to 12 months
- Naturally cold smoked for 9-12 hours
- Smoked over sustainably-sourced oak chippings
- Rich depth of flavour with a smooth and creamy texture
- Naturally occurring lactate crystals are present throughout
- Organic and vegetarian
- Hand-wrapped in a muslin cloth
- Cheese & Dairy
- Artisan / Speciality / Fine
- Gift Food