Read the latest articles, interviews, and reports
Introducing Foie Royale, the luxurious, ethical alternative to foie gras.
2020 represented a record year for start-ups - in the UK alone, the number of new businesses registered over the second half of 2020 soared, fuelled by employees taking advantage of the furlough schem ...
In this session thefoodpeople Co-Founder Charles Banks teams up with Kelly Dowson of Good Sense Research to reflect on 2021; on what went wrong, what went right, and how we can use these learnings in ...
Mike Hughes, Head of Research & Insight at FMCG Gurus, discusses some of the global flavour trends impacting on the food and drink sector. Over the past 18 months, world food and drink trends have e ...
Concerns over the state of the environment are on the rise across the globe, with there being a noticeable year-on-year increase in the proportion of consumers saying this. These concerns relate to ma ...
We have collaborated with thefoodpeople and Good Sense Research to bring you the latest edition of the Future Food Trend Tracker, this detailed report outlines the key consumer shifts with food and dr ...
More Than Just Spray-On Branding - The Pro's and Con's of Own Brand Products
There are many opportunities with building an own-brand product range, but it comes with its challenges too. As white label propositions attract more and more interest from retailers, our panel delve into the key topics discussing packaging, production, product development and much more.
- Holly Shackleton, Editor - Speciality Food Magazine
- Mary Lynch, Commercial Director - Beau's Gelato
- Scott Winston, Fresh, Bakery and Deli Buyer - Fortnum & Mason
- Rachael Winter, Head of Food Buying - Daylesford Organic
Conscious Consumerism: How to Identify and Respond to Your Customers' Needs
Educating your customer and understanding your customers' expectations go hand-in-hand when it comes to sustainability. As consumer demands drive more choices in all aspects of your business, what actions make the most impact? From supply-chain shake-ups, transitioning to unpackaged, recycling efforts and revitalising business values, our panel of experts will leave you inspired to evolve for 2022 and beyond.
- Paul Hargreaves, CEO - Cotswold Fayre
- Julie Cleijne, CEO and Founder - Sustainable Kitchen
- Catherine Conway, Founder - Unpackaged
- Stefano Cuomo, Managing Director - Macknade
Busting the Myths Around Sustainable Packaging and Deciding What is the Right Path for Your Business
This session showcases several innovative packaging solutions across compostable and recyclable models. Exploring the different products, we ask which one you should choose for your products and the supply chain implications and bottom-line impact to help you make the right packaging decision for your new products.
- Neil Shackleton, Managing Director - Medoola
- Sam Walker, Technical Director - BioPak
- Andy Sweetman, Chairman - Biobased & Biodegradable Industries Association
Compostable Packaging - Next Generation of Food Packaging
The food industry is the number one contributor to plastic waste. Taking the example of an orange peel, TIPA developed flexible packaging that on one hand is fully compostable and at the same time mimics conventional plastic. Learn how your next packaging can minimize food waste while choosing materials that benefit our ecosystems.
- Gary Tee, Regional Sales Director - TIPA Compostable Packaging
Standing Out From the Crowd: How Smart Packaging Design Can Deliver Retail Success
We're told not to judge a book by its cover, but in food & drink retail positive first impressions are vital. Product design makes a huge difference to success on the shelf, and in this session Threesixty Brand and Packaging Design talk us through what it takes to make an impression in a busy market place.
- Jon Stevens, Partner - Threesixty Brand and Packaging Design
- Chris Isted, Creative Director - Threesixty Brand and Packaging Design
Tips to Start-Ups on How to Engage With Contract Manufacturers and Packers
How to take your project from the drawing board into production, a presentation on the dos and don’ts for start-ups when planning development and production.
- Emma Verkaik, Marketing and Membership Director - BCMPA
- Nick Henson, FIFST - NH Development Services
What are the Packaging Trends Set to Define 2022 and Beyond?
In this insightful presentation, FMCG Gurus will reveal some of the major trends in the world of food & drink packaging, with a focus on sustainability and ensuring an ethical and eco-friendly supply chain.
- Will Cowling, Marketing Manager - FMCG Gurus
Where Next for Sustainable Packaging?
Packaging, perhaps more than most sectors, has had to confront the issue of sustainability head on. In this session, we take a look at some of the latest developments in sustainable packaging solutions and how to translate sometimes complex calculations into consistent and accurate consumer messaging.
- David Harding-Brown, Founder Partner - The Packaging Collective
- Andy Sweetman, Sales and Marketing Director - Futamura
- Hugh Lewis, Head of Proposition Strategy - Gousto
- James Wallace, UK Sales Manager - BioPak UK