Read the latest articles, interviews, and reports
The Speciality & Fine Food Fair Awards, which launched in 2021 to celebrate excellence and innovation in the world of food & drink, have returned for this year’s event, taking place at Olympia London ...
As the Queen approaches her Platinum Jubilee, commemorating 70 years as the UK’s head of state, a number of food & drink brands and retailers have leapt at the chance to launch limited edition product ...
WRAP have put together a step-by-step guide to help businesses make choices about where to use compostable plastic packaging in their business.
On-demand webinars and sessions
I Can't Believe It's Not Meat
Join Henrietta Green, Founder of British Charcuterie Live – The Home for British Charcuterie, as she explains all about British Charcuterie. Meet the medal-winning Producers of the British Charcuterie Live Awards 2020/21 as they receive their prizes and taste some award-winning products.
- Damoy Robertson, Co-Founder and CEO - The Vegan Review
- Sadrah Schadel, Co-Founder and Chief Creative Officer - No Evil Foods
- Carole Bingley, Technical Specialist - RSSL
- Inderpal Kaur, Founder - Plant Futures
Choosing Substitutes: The Rising Tide of Non-Animal Proteins
This insightful presentation from market research specialist Euromonitor examines the growth of non-animal proteins, consumer attitudes to these products and how issues like sustainability and food safety might help this new category evolve.
- Margaux Laine, Senior Analyst - Euromonitor
You can download the presentation here.
Cutting Edge: The View From the Frontline of Food & Drink Innovation
The past 18 months have thrown challenge after challenge at the food & drink sector. Retail, wholesale and foodservice businesses have been met with unprecedented demand, the need for rapid digital innovation and a renewed consumer interest in local, ethically and sustainably produced products. This session brings together the professionals at the forefront of innovation across the entirety of the industry, from production and packaging to NPD and customer insights.
- Steve Walpole, Culinary Consultant
- Emily Grigg, Head of Food - GAIL's Bakery
- Jason Danciger, Managing Director - Hana Group UK and Ireland
- Dennis Mwakulua, Executive Chef - Lexington
- Ben O'Brien, Founder - Sourced Market
Kick Start Morning with Virgin Start Up: How to Approach Buyers & Routes to Market
This session was exclusively for start-up producers exhibiting at Speciality & Fine Food Fair and featured Lucy Wright founder of Nice Drinks, Julianne Ponan founder of Creative Nature and Jamie McCloskey founder of Love Corn. They shared their inspirational stories from how they started up, to how they achieved success and shared practical tips and advice about how to approach buyers and considering alternative routes to market.
- Lucy Wright, Founder - Nice Drinks
- Julianne Ponan, Founder - Creative Nature
- Jamie McCloskey, Founder - Love Corn
NPD Sessions Sponsored by BCMPA: From Kitchen Table to Factory Floor
In the first of two back-to-back NPD sessions, we take a close look at the early development process, some of the common roadblocks that need to be navigated and what boxes need to be ticked to ready yourself for conversations with manufacturers.
- Susan Arkley, Freelance Consultant and Lecturer
- Nick Henson, Food Product Development Consultant
- Richard Werran, Regional Director, Food and Retail Sector - BSI
- Ruth Dolby, Director - Food Science Fusion Ltd.
NPD Sessions Sponsored by BCMPA: Working With 3rd Party Contract Manufacturers to Meet Buyer Demands
In the second of two-back-to-back NPD sessions, we examine what it takes to ready your product for further development and scalability, how to effectively partner with manufacturers and meet buyers' high standards.
- Emma Verkaik, Membership and Marketing Director - BCMPA
- Cyril Guillemart, Business Director Manager - The Alexir Partnership
- Olly Reynolds, Managing Director - Sauce Shed
- Nick Henson, Food Product Development Consultant
Pitch Live Final - Sponsored by Virgin StartUp
Watch as our Pitch Live finalists pitch their show exclusive products to an impressive panel of expert judges. Each supplier will have five precious minutes to pitch, followed by a 'dragons-den' style Q&A with the judges before the winner is announced. Weeks of waiting come down to this one moment- everything is on the line for our fledgling companies.
- Lissa Gillott, Head of Funding and Support - Virgin StartUp
- Lilia Smith, Food Trends Researcher - Harrods
- Scott Winston, Fresh, Bakery and Deli Buyer - Fortnum & Mason
Speciality & Fine Food Fair Awards Presentation 2021
The inaugural Speciality & Fine Food Fair Awards saw almost 200 entries from across the UK and international fine food and drink industry. After a nail biting judging session by our panel of industry experts to draw up the shortlist, we then went to the wider industry vote! With voting now closed and entries counted - come and see who will be crowned champions for Product of the Year, Rising Sustainability Star, Independent Retailer of the Year and Industry Champion.
- Philippa Christer, Event Director - Montgomery Events